As a Shopkeeper you are a friendly, self motivated, and team-oriented person who is passionate about plants and people. You are adaptable and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You are a team-player with a desire to accomplish essential tasks while prioritizing providing a positive customer experience.
This position is for our Walnut Hills shop.
- Greeting and assisting customers in the shop in a friendly and sincere way
- Provide excellent customer care and strive to create a safe and welcoming space for everyone
- Answer questions and provide individualized styling and plant care guidance and recommendations
- Daily tasks such as cleaning, restocking, and general plant care and maintenance
- Receiving and processing orders, shipments, and deliveries
- Familiar with the Fern brand and style with a working knowledge of our products
- At least 1 year of experience in a retail, hospitality, or customer service setting
- Self motivated, detail oriented, and good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Friendly, approachable, and welcoming personality
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and a willingness to grow and learn
- Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Must work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Passionate about plants and loves Fern!
- Weekend availability (both Saturday and Sunday)
- Comfortable with a fixed schedule
- Part time hours: 15-20 hours/week
To apply please submit your current resume with a brief cover letter in the body of your email to email@example.com. In your cover letter please answer the following questions.
1. Why do you want to work at Fern? What makes you a good fit?
2. What is your favorite houseplant and why?
3. Share your experience/journey with houseplants.
4. Links to your social media profiles.
APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Fern is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. People of color and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply. Fern does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability.