As a Shift Lead you are a friendly, self motivated, and team-oriented person who is passionate about plants and people. You are adaptable and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You are a team-player with a desire to accomplish essential tasks while prioritizing providing a positive customer experience. You are able to work independently and are comfortable taking control of your environment, setting the tone for your coworkers.
This position is for our College Hill shop.
- Greeting and assisting customers in the shop in a friendly and sincere way
- Provide excellent customer care and strive to create a safe and welcoming space for everyone
- Answer questions and provide individualized styling and plant care guidance and recommendations
- Daily tasks such as cleaning, restocking, and general plant care and maintenance
- Receiving and processing orders, shipments, and deliveries
- Familiar with the Fern brand and style with a working knowledge of our products
- At least 2 years of experience in a retail, hospitality, or customer service setting
- Experience in a leadership role
- Self motivated, detail oriented, and good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Friendly, approachable, and welcoming personality
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback with a willingness to grow and learn
- Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Must work with a sense of urgency
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude at all times
- Passionate about plants and loves Fern!
- Weekend availability (both Saturday and Sunday)
- Comfortable with a fixed schedule
- Part time hours: 15-20 hours/week
To apply please fill out the form linked below and be sure to attach your current resume. APPLICATIONS IN ANY OTHER FORM WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Fern is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. People of color and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply. Fern does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability.