As a Stockroom Manager/Courier you are a friendly, self motivated, and detail oriented person who is passionate about plants and everything Fern offers. You are adaptable and thrive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. You are organized and efficient and enjoy working a physically demanding job.
This position will primarily be at our College Hill location but will involve driving between our stores, picking up product as needed, and making deliveries.
- Receiving and processing shipments, and deliveries
- Input items into inventory, and if needed create new products in POS
- Create barcodes and tags for each product and tag products as they are received and organized into the stockroom
- Transfers inventory between stores (loading and unloading vehicle)
- Picks up plant orders as needed
- Assists with client deliveries and installations as needed
- Inventory management: maintain accurate stock readings and conduct regular audits
- Communicate regularly with manager
- Maintain clean and safe work environment
- Familiar with the Fern brand and style with a working knowledge of our products
- Experience with an inventory based business
- Self motivated, detail oriented, and good at prioritizing and multitasking
- Works with a sense of urgency, in a timely and efficient manner
- Ability to lift/carry up to 50lbs
- Ability to receive constructive criticism and feedback and a willingness to grow and learn
- Must have strong communication skills and be comfortable asking for help when needed.
- Ability to maintain a positive and collaborative attitude
- Clean driving record
- Basic computer skills, competency in Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets a plus
- Passionate about plants and loves Fern!
- Comfortable with a flexible schedule
- Part time hours: 15-25 hours/week
To apply please submit your current resume with a brief cover letter in the body of your email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter please answer the following questions.
1. Why do you want to work at Fern? What makes you a good fit?
2. What is your favorite houseplant and why?
3. Share your experience/journey with houseplants.
4. Links to your social media profiles.
APPLICATIONS MISSING ANY OF THE ABOVE WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED
Fern is committed to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for everyone. People of color and LGBTQ+ people are encouraged to apply. Fern does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, age, sexual orientation, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability.